Rubbish Collection – Waste Green Lid Bin
Rubbish Collection Green Waste – GREEN BIN
Township Mobile Garbage Bin (MGBs) Collection Days are –
- Tuesday: Avon, Halbury, Hamley Bridge, Hoyleton, Owen and Pinery
- Wednesday: Balaklava
- Thursday: Blyth, Bowmans, Brinkworth, Lochiel, Port Wakefield and Snowtown
Residents outside the townships must take their waste to a transfer station or ring Clare Valley Waste on 0438 884 340 to arrange MGB collection. Please consider taking items suitable for recycling to the closest transfer station if they are too big for the kerbside recycling collection.
Green Lid (240 Litre) Mobile Garbage BinAll recyclables, collected fortnightly. Items to be placed loosely (ie not in bags) in the bin include:
- paper and cardboard;
- drink and food cartons;
- metal tins and cans;
- plastics (all rigid plastic containers);
- glass bottles and jars.
Click here to view the kerbside recycling information dates.View the Green Organic Waste Fact Sheet for more information on green waste.
Mobile Garbage Bin RequirementsIn order for this collection method to operate effectively and in the interests of public health, residents are requested to ensure the following. If you fail to comply with these guidelines, your mobile garbage bin will NOT be emptied.
- bins must be placed on the footpath near the edge of the kerb with arrows on the lid facing towards the road – when placed correctly, the handle will be the closest part of the bin to your property.
- bins must be placed no closer than 1.5 metres (5′) from obstructions (eg poles, trees, parked cars, etc).
- bins placed together at the kerbside must be no closer than 600mm (2′) apart).
- bins must not be overfilled so that the lid does not close or be packed tightly so that it will not empty correctly.
- recyclable waste should be deposited in the green lid bin – refer to lists of recyclables.
- only domestic waste should be deposited in the red lid bin – food waste, broken glass or sharp objects, and powdery waste (eg ashes) must be wrapped or bagged.
- garden cuttings and lawn clippings should be taken to a transfer station for recycling.
- bins should be washed out regularly to avoid the build up of any waste in the bottom of the bin.
- bags or boxes of extra rubbish must not be placed with the bin for collection.
- only one bin per residence should be put out for collection unless prior arrangements have been made with the contractor.
- the following waste should not be put in bins: garden waste, smoke detectors, ammunition/explosives, asbestos, fire extinguishers, chemicals, flares, hazardous waste, liquid waste, noxious weeds, contaminated soil, mobile phones, tyres, car/truck batteries, sump oil. Please contact Council on 8862 0800 for waste disposal alternatives.
If your bin has not been emptied and you feel you have complied with the guidelines, please contact Clare Valley Waste Service on 0438 884 340.
Thanks To – http://wrc.sa.gov.au
Download Collection dates HERE